We love the different ways people wear headbands and the Courage My Love 3-in-1 bandeau headband gives plenty of options.
Following is our list, in no particular order, of favourite ways to style and wear your activewear headband.
CML’s 7 Ways to Wear Headbands
The Classic Top Knot
This a fave and easy to do.
- Put hair into a sleek ponytail using a hair tie.
- Tease the hair by back combing it and then twist the hair around the elastic to create the knot.
- Tuck all the ends in under towards the centre of the knot and use hairpins to secure the ends to the base.
This hairdo is a winner for exercise because it not only looks cool, but it keeps the hair off your neck and out of your eyes. The headband protects your ears from wind and cold, protects your forehead from the sun and soaks up any moisture to evaporate off your skin and hair.
The Retro Ponytail
The ponytail is an incredibly easy style to wear and here’s how to make it sassy using a Courage My Love headband as the hair tie.
- Smooth hair back into a high ponytail and tie up.
- Then back comb the hair in the ponytail to give volume.
- Adjust the headband to show off the branding.
This hairdo gives any girl a bit of bounce with the playful nuances the pony tail lends itself to while you move. Great for adding some sass to dancing or jogging!
Vintage Flapper Updo
This one is a little more complicated but well worth the effort in our opinion.
- Place the headband over the top of your head and hair.
- Adjust it so your favourite part of the pattern is placed around the front side of your head.
- Place the headband across your forehead just over your hairline.
- Then work around the hair turning the ends into the band.
No pins required for this vintage style. Use this stylish look to complete your fashion look and leave a lasting impression.
Perfect look for BBQ’s, festivals and relaxed weekend outings.
- Using a curling tong, take sections of the hair and curl working around the head.
- Once the hair is all curled, run your hands gently through the style using some hair oil.
- Then place your Courage My Love headband around the top section creating this hippy beachy vibe.
Big Hair, Don’t Care
Sleep the night with your hair in plaits or braids and take them out when you wake up.
- Back comb your hair so its really big
- Then place your Courage My Love headband over the top
Pigtails aren’t just for school girls. This is the perfect style to rock at any gym or yoga class, or on a night out!
- Start by parting the hair down the centre
- Then style into two french braids.
- Pick your fave Courage My Love headband to finish the look off
This look works well in the yoga studio as it holds the hair in place and off the back of your neck but doesn’t get in the way of headstands.
Fairy Tale Hair
A relaxed feminine style to compliment your out-and-about fashion look.
- Place your Courage My Love headband on top of the hair
- Work any fringes / bangs out and into place
- Next, slip all your hair up and through the head band.
- Gather and plait / braid to one side.
Hair by Emmalee Bevan
Images by Stacey Cox Photography