Yoga Nidra – Embracing the Still Side of YogaMay 24, 2017
How to Find a Good (Great!) Yoga TeacherJuly 4, 2017
There’s a chill in the air – that means it’s time to get cozy with some warm and tasty treats!
For a yummy variation on a classic, try this feijoa and apple crumble. Looking for something quick and simple? A steaming hot cup of home-made hot chocolate should do the trick.
These divine recipes from Nourish by Nature are perfect for chilly autumn evenings.
Did I mention that both recipes are vegan-friendly?
Feijoa and Apple Crumble
A dairy-free variation of the classic, comforting dessert. Makes 6 servings.
- 600g feijoas
- 3 apples
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp cardamom
- ¼ Cup almonds, chopped
- ¼ Cup walnuts, chopped
- ¾ Cup oats
- ½ Cup shredded coconut
- ¼ Cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp cardamom
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Peel and slice apples and feijoas.
- Place the sliced fruit, coconut sugar, cinnamon and cardamom into a saucepan. Add ½ cup of water and stew until the fruit is soft, but still holding its shape. Taste for sweetness – some feijoas are more sour than others, so you may need to add little bit more sugar depending on your taste.
- Combine all ingredients for the crumble in a bowl and mix well with spatula.
- Transfer the stewed fruit into an oven-proof dish. Sprinkle the crumble evenly on top, ensuring all the fruit is covered.
- Bake in the oven on 180°C for about 30 – 35 minutes until golden from the top.
- ½ Cup cocoa powder
- ½ Cup coconut sugar
- 60g dark chocolate, grated
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place all ingredients into a jar, close with a lid and shake until well combined – that’s it!
- To make a cup of hot chocolate, warm one cup of milk over a double-boiler or in the microwave – any type of milk works well. Stir in 1-2 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix, depending on your desired level of sweetness. Heat until steaming hot and the chocolate has melted.
Now curl up with a good book and enjoy your hot chocolate!